Tuesday 27 March 2012

Getting away

One of the big problems with working for a small, short staffed team within the NHS is that taking annual leave is always difficult. That's how I ended up with 3 weeks off in March. Usually I spend my holidays diving but a change in circumstances I ended up with 3 weeks and no plans.

I decided to take a series of short breaks and in doing so was reminded of something: the UK has some seriously beautiful places. It's easy to jet off abroad and notice beautiful things but it's much harder to notice them when they are just on your doorstep. More on the individual places later but first a few pictures that prove my point.

Saundersfoot, Pembrokeshire, Wales





Cave on the beach at Saundersfoot, Pembrokeshire, Wales


Beach at Tenby, Pembrokeshire, Wales


Sunset over Windemere East Shore, Lake District, England


Reflections on Thirlmere, Lake District, England


Reflections on Thirlmere, Lake District, England






Just beautiful.
And all taken in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment